Micanopy Cemetery Association

The Micanopy Historic Cemetery was founded by Micanopy physician, HL Montgomery, in the early 1800s with land later being deeded to the cemetery trustees in 1897. With over 100 Veterans interred in the cemetery, the earliest burial is dated 1826, although there are many ancestors that lived in the 1700’s laid to rest here. Besides being a final resting place for loved ones, the Micanopy cemetery, in its central location on Smith Street, is also a contemplative place to walk and visit for Micanopy residents. The Cemetery was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Micanopy Historic Cemetery Association’s (MHCA) members are those persons and immediate family who own burial rights in the cemetery.  MHCA currently handles lot sales, burial records, and maintenance of the cemetery. Lot purchases are reserved for residents of the Micanopy 32667 zip code or direct relatives (mother, father, spouse, sister, brother, or child) of current lot holders. Older sections of the cemetery have been closed for burials, and current burials are in Sections A, B, C, & H.

The MHCA Annual Meeting is the third Saturday in January at which time business decisions and plans for the continual day-to-day operation of the cemetery are made. Lot holders and other interested individuals are invited to attend.

To make a donation or contact the MHCA:

Claudia Larson
President & Lot Chairman
micanopywildflowers@gmail.com
Micanopy Historic Cemetery Association|
401 West Smith Avenue
PO Box 631
Micanopy, FL.  32667-0631